[Dixielandjazz] SPAIN and HOME

Brian Towers towers at allstream.net
Fri Feb 24 16:59:16 PST 2006

Bob,
Sorry to rain on your parade but Spain" and "Home" are way different in our
book.   For example,  assuming you are in Eb, then first 8 bars of "Spain"
are
 Eb            Gbdim            Fm7            C7
F7            Fm7/Bb7        Eb/Cm        Fm7/Bb7

"Home" (first 8 bars) Eb            D7            Fm        Bb7
Fm            Bb7        Eb          Bb7

that's just a few of the differences
"Home " has a beautiful verse too, which is shamefully ignored by most bands

Cheers,
Brian Towers

http://hotfivejazz.tripod.com