[Dixielandjazz] Re: Tunes with identical chord progressions. &"QUOTES"

jsbarque at netscape.net jsbarque at netscape.net
Thu Feb 23 20:50:32 PST 2006

Moten Swing, You're Driving Me Crazy. Eb with G bridge

Two tunes with very similar chords, very different melodies and styles. Couldn't remember the name of Moten Swing so, rang Derek Reynolds who was the trumpet player in Allan Leake's 8-piece Dixieland and Mainstream band "The Storyville Allstars" in the '70s.

We had a reunion of the Storyville at the Victorian Jazz Club recently including John Murray and Ian Walkear, John Adams (pno) and it is one of the songs we revisited. There needs to be a book written on Allan Leake. He was a great band leader and more...

Tony Orr
Melbourne

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.