[Dixielandjazz] 1099's

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 12:21:12 PST 2006

The guy should have simply informed the idiot IRS auditor that he was a
multi- disciplined artist and it would be perfectly legal to use his
studio office/workspace to practice both disciplines and stood his
ground and made the idiot go back and get help to try and disprove it .
Just because the auditor says it does not make it so. Trust me, Make
them prove every little detail and don't make it easy for them, take no
prisoners and make no unnecessary compromises which is what they want.
  If you give in on any point they will try to ride all over you.  State
your case professionally and defend your position to the end, and
remember you can still file for an appeal if necessary.  As in getting
another auditor and or a second opinion.

I had a wonderful accountant for many years who always wanted to go
represent me and make a compromise, I looked at him and said what are
you nuts I have no intentions of compromising anything, they have to
prove to me that I owe it or I will not give them a dime.   It's my
money not theirs until and if they earn it.

Cheers,

Tom