[Dixielandjazz] 1099's

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Wed Feb 22 09:45:51 PST 2006

I'm not sure if they do that anymore but a friend who has an Art Studio and
plays trumpet was audited some years ago and got his home office disallowed
because he had his trumpet on his desk and the guy asked him why it was on
his desk. He told them that he practiced occasionally.  He had to build a
partition so that his studio and practice area was separate.  He then put
the music section on the music C and the studio on the studio form C.  Kind
of silly but as I understand it that's how it worked out.

Home offices are a red button that may not be worth putting on your 1040 but
that's a choice everyone has to make.
Larry.