[Dixielandjazz] 1099's

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 11:59:46 PST 2006

You were advised correctly Rae Ann,  been there six times,
also try to sit beside them at a table  in the conference room rather
than across from them behind a desk, do not let them play the
intimidation game on you.  Be bold and sure of yourself and if they
indeed find a legitimate mistake, no big deal, so long as you can
explain that your interpretation and understanding about the item was
what you believed to be true and not an outright attempt to try and
cheat.

Some auditors are fine and wonderful people who honestly do their job
and try to help, others are complete Jackasses on a brownie point
mission trying to get advancements and make a name for THEMSELVES.  If
you get such ask for their supervisor and explain why you want another
before proceeding.  If you are basically honest you really have nothing
to fear from them, if not perhaps you need to be gotten. :))

We have far too much invasion of privacy already do not invite the
government into your home or office if you can avoid it.

If they want to go there badly enough they will get a search warrant to
do it and come anyway.   They have to have a pretty good reason to do
that, usually but with the way things are going in Washington today
that could change quickly.  Pay attention to what you say on the
telephone and what your write on the internet  it is there forever. :))

As others have also said do not volunteer any information, why should
we pay them to harass us.

If they would but change the system to a straight Everybody pays 10% of
whatever money you make it would solve the need for all this anyway,
and I do mean corporations, non profits, churches, and all employed and
even those on welfare, if everybody did that they would still have more
money than they need to run this country and could run the IRS with
nothing more than a checking account.  Ah but that would simply be too
simple, probably never work. :))
Cheers,

Tom