[Dixielandjazz] Re: Russ Garcia -Still ticking

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 20 10:04:14 PST 2006

on 2/20/06 12:43 PM, pat ladd at pj.ladd at btinternet.com wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> I am surprised that Garcia does any work at all. Kerikeri is one of the most
> beautiful places I have ever been, right on the Bay of Islands.
> I managed to con a chap I met there. He was flying an amphibian off the
> beach. The plane had once belonged to a Captain Ladd who ran a little
> `airline` of seaplanes and amphibians in NZ. On the flimsy pretence that I
> had the same surname he let my fly the plane all around the Bay of Islands
> one evening. An unforgettable experience.
>
> Cheers
>
> Pat

Small world eh? What memories this list brings forth. Kerikeri surely fits
the definition of "OZ" as in the "on line" dictionary:

"An unreal, magical, often bizarre place."

Musical content: "We're Off To See the Wizard." (who must be Bill Haesler on
the west Island, more than 1000 miles away)

Cheers,
Steve