[Dixielandjazz] Re: Russ Garcia -Still ticking

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 20 09:43:33 PST 2006

Hi Steve,

I am surprised that Garcia does any work at all. Kerikeri is one of the most
beautiful places I have ever been, right on the Bay of Islands.
I managed to con a chap I met there. He was flying an amphibian off the
beach. The plane had once belonged to a Captain Ladd who ran a little
`airline` of seaplanes and amphibians in NZ. On the flimsy pretence that I
had the same surname he let my fly the plane all around the Bay of Islands
one evening. An unforgettable experience.

Cheers

Pat