[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Thursdays at The Faema

Ric Giorgi ricgiorgi at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 19 09:40:58 PST 2006

For OKOM fans plus in Toronto:

Greetings listmates,

For those you in or near Toronto this Thursday, Feb. 23. I'm taking a trio
into the Faema Café,(672 Dupont St @ Christie St) 8 to 11 pm for a new Jazz
Thursdays Series. We're going to do an eclectic mix of OKOM from the
beginnings to Monk / Parker and like spirits plus some of my original
compositions in the OKOM mold.

With me are Paul Wiggins on piano, he's a very original and outstanding jazz
pianist/B3 player and Craig Barrett who's the original drummer of the Climax
Jazz Band and played with some of the greats touring through Toronto over
the years. I'm on string bass, once leader of the late lamented Rainbow
Gardens Jazz Orchestra.

The Faema is renowned for coffees and teas from around the world and very
reasonable eats and libations. There's no cover and it's easily wheelchair
accessible.

OK, OK, bring a horn if you're so moved, but let me know before Thursday so
I can work you into the program. As you all know, "spur-of-the-moment
sitter-inners" can play havoc with trying to develop these things.

Cheers,
Ric Giorgi