[Dixielandjazz] "YOUNG" Guy looking to start and OKOM Band in Berkeley

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sat Feb 18 15:23:55 PST 2006

Anybody looking to join a new OKOM band :))

      1920's-30's Small Group Jazz Musicians Wanted (berkeley)

email: Reply to:              comm-134972960 at craigslist.org

  Date: 2006-02-18, 11:48AM PST

 Hello,
   I'm interested in putting together a 1920's-30's style jazz group.
I'm looking for a strictly pre-bop sound... something like swing meets
Dixieland. Maybe sounds like Fats Waller, Jack Teagarden, Joe Venuti
and Eddie Lang, Art Tatum, old Louis Armstrong, Stuff Smith, Sidney
Bechet, Bix Beiderbecke, King Oliver, Earl Hines, Billie Holiday,
Dickie Wells, etc.
   Instruments I'm interested in include trumpet, clarinet, trombone,
guitar, banjo, violin, piano, maybe drums (it would have to be
extremely tasteful).
   About me: I play upright bass in some vintage jazz and country
groups; I'm a philosophy student at Berkeley.

   Let me know if you're interested in this type of music and want to
play,

  Kenan O'Brien