[Dixielandjazz] Re: searching for Don Goldie

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 17 14:26:35 PST 2006

>.............. a very affordable CD on the market of T. and Goldie, called
'Mis'ry and the Blues'......... recorded in (or around)  1961 in Chicago.<
  and
> The majority (but not all) of the material  was by composer Willard Robson.
.............. I think that Henry Cuesta was on Clarinet on these sides.
Correct me if my memory is fauilty.

Sorry Don,
Wrong record.
The Teagarden/Goldie LP/CD with the Willard Robison stuff you have in mind
is Verve V6-8465, 'Think Well of Me'.
"Where Are You/Cottage For Sale/Guess I'LL Be Back Home This Summer/I'M A
Fool About My Mama/Don't Smoke In Bed/In A Little Waterfront Café/ Think
Well Of Me/Old Folks/Country Boy Blues/Tain't So Honey, Tain't So/'Round My
Old Deserted Farm".
Recorded over 3 days in Jan 1962 with a big band including JT, Don Goldie,
prob. Bernie Leighton, p/cel; prob. Barry Galbraith, g; Art Davis, sb; Bob
Brookmeyer, Russ Case,Claus Ogerman (arr, cond.); others unknown. I have the
CD.
Henry Cuestra IS on the 'Mis'ry and the Blues' CD and was missed in Berry's
summary.
The Jimmy Dorsey "Maria Elana" is an 'implied' waltz. The Bunk is a rhumba.
Kind regards,
Bill.