[Dixielandjazz] Goldie and Teagarden

George Thurmond gthurmond at stx.rr.com
Fri Feb 17 11:26:44 PST 2006

        I've got "Giants of Jazz" Records, No. 1026, Side One of which is
entirely a live recording of the Teagarden Orch. (sextet) at Freddies in
Minneapolis on May 31, 1960, and features a front line of Goldie -
Teagarden - Cuesta, and rhythn section of Ewell, Stan Puls (bass), and
Ronnie Greb (drums).  Its got T's theme (I've Got a Right to Sing the
Blues), That's a Plenty, Basin Street, Found a New Baby, and Rockin' Chair,
with Goldie doing Louis's part of the duet with T.  It's good listening on
these cold evenings while sipping a wee nip of single malt.

George Thurmond