[Dixielandjazz] searching for Don Goldie

d. sleeman d.sleeman at hccnet.nl
Fri Feb 17 01:19:51 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Berry Zand Scholten" <berryzandscholten at quicknet.nl>
To: <Custode at aol.com>; <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 7:30 AM
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] searching for Don Goldie

Berry wrote o.a:

> But....maybe you'll know dat Goldie recorded with Jack Teagarden.  I have -
> somewhere in the attic - a record of Jack and him.

Very likely Berry refers to the LP/CD "THINK WELL OF ME", Verve VS-8465 (the LP) or 314 575 101-2 (the CD), recorded January 17/18/19, 1962 by his and mine favorite trombonist Jack Teagarden.

Don Goldie is one of the guest soloists with an orchestra arranged and conducted by Claus Ogerman, Bob Brookmeyer (!) and Russ Case.

Regards,

Dick Sleeman, Lelystad, Holland. <d.sleeman at hccnet.nl>

"...Of all the musical instruments in use today, the trombone is one of,
 if not THE most difficult of instruments. I know, 'cause I have one..."

  (Dewsnap in "THE TROMBONE", December 10, 2002)