[Dixielandjazz] searching for Don Goldie

Berry Zand Scholten berryzandscholten at quicknet.nl
Thu Feb 16 22:30:56 PST 2006

Hello Lewis,

Just read the correspondence between you and Bill Haesler.

Bill is right.....here are not too much Goldie CD's available.

But....maybe you'll know dat Goldie recorded with Jack Teagarden.  I have -
somewhere in the attic - a record of Jack and him.

Better and more interesting news for you is probably:   Just recently
there's a very affordable CD on the market of T. and Goldie, called  'Mis'ry
and the Blues'.  It's recorded in (or around)  1961 in Chicago.
Studirecording.  The price is only $ 9.75. and you can order the CD at
www.cduniverse.com ,  in the U.S.

Musicians: Jack Teagarden, trombone (and wonderful vocals....!), Don Goldie
(trumpet), Don Ewell (piano), Shay Torrent (organ), Stan Puls (bass),
Barrett Deems (drums) and a few others.

Songs as: 'Don't tell a man about his woman', 'Basin Street Blues'  (with
Goldie soloing a bit  over the top...) , 'Froggie Moore Blues', 'I don't
want to miss the Mississippi any more', 'Mis'ry and the blues', (Terrific
vocals of Teagarden..) , 'Original Dixieland One Step', 'Love lies' and
others.

I hope that I could give you some additional information in your search to
Don Goldie.

Best regards,

Berry Zand Scholten, trombonist.
Pepperhouse Swing Factory, The Netherlands