[Dixielandjazz] Air travel

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Feb 15 08:15:44 PST 2006

>Those of you who travel with your instruments,
it would be interesting to hear from you - -

I have travelled in Europe & the States with my trombone (hard case).
Always, always take it on board with me.  My line:  "oh, really, no thank
you. It's absolutely no bother for me to carry it, but thank you for being
concerned!".....act as though they were trying to make me comfortable by
taking it off of me.   :>

Try to be one of the first on board, so you can store it in the overheads
before they fill up. A trombone fits fine, with plenty of room for other
things in front of it, at the very back of a bin on the larger planes.

Jim