Re: [Dixielandjazz] Re:  Money & Happiness

OArkas at aol.com OArkas at aol.com
Tue Feb 14 21:09:49 PST 2006

On the subject of money, just like everything, those jazz and blues guys had
a song for it.   Here's an excerpt that all this talk reminded me of:

"...in my pocket, not one penny, and as for friends I haven't any.
But when I get back on my feet again, Everybody wants to be my long lost
friend.
It's mighty strange, but without a doubt; nobody loves ya when you're down
and out."

Or something like that.   All the old proverbs are fun to remember, but the
"folk" always had a word for it.
Best,
John