[Dixielandjazz] Re: Money & Happiness

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 14 20:58:56 PST 2006

on 2/14/06 4:06 PM, Stephen Heist at steveheist at earthlink.net wrote:

> Get it right, now, the actual quote is: "THE LOVE OF money is the root of
> all evil..."  important words usually left out... :-)
> As others have said, I will gladly take contributions :-) ha ha...

Depends upon whom you are quoting. :-) VBG - For Example:

The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition.  2002.

"Money is the root of all evil"
A more extreme version of ³The love of money is the root of all evil.²

"The love of money is the root of all evil" (Timothy 6:10)
All wrongdoing can be traced to an excessive attachment to material wealth.
This saying comes from the writings of the Apostle Paul. It is sometimes
shortened to:   ³Money is the root of all evil.²

Or Ayn Rand in Atlas Shrugged: "So you think money is the root of all evil?"

Or Jason Nelson:  "If Money Is the Root of All Evil, Gimme More Root!"

etc.

Musical Content: "Brother Can You Spare A Dime?"

Cheers,
Steve