[Dixielandjazz] Two quick questions...

Stephen Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 14 13:29:38 PST 2006

Hello gang...

First, eegads, I lost all the verses I collected to Peoria...!  If you have a funny verse (you know to the minor section...) please send it to me off-line - I want to start doing some of those.

ALSO, do you remember the song "Maria Elena" done in the 50's-60's by a group called Los Indios Trabajeros (sp?)  There was sort of like an urban legend going around at the time that this group was a bunch of uneducated and wild Indians somewhere in South America (maybe Mexico) who found guitars and came out of the jungle with this song that somebody then recorded...  I want to find out the TRUE story - or could this be true???
I DO know that this was not the first version of Maria Elena, but I'm curious as heck about this "legend"...
Thanks in advance!
Steve Heist

You can NOW visit my NEW website and check my schedule at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~steveheist/
Drop on by today!