[Dixielandjazz] Information wanted

Laurence Swain l.swain at comcast.net
Tue Feb 14 07:04:42 PST 2006

Recently purchased on-line, and new, a 10-CD set "It's Louis Armstrong".

Outstanding collection of his work, with strong sidemen (and sidewomen).  I have
listened to the first two CDs, and the tracks sound like they are from the 20's.

Titles on the last CD suggest they were from the twilight of his career (Blueberry Hill,
Kiss to Build a Dream On, Your Cheatin' Heart).

Problem is that there is ZERO information, save the title of the tune, for each track.

Would like to know recording date and names of side-people.  Sydney Bechet?  Lil
Hardin? Baby Dodds?  Who knows?

The collection copyright 2005 by Membran Music Ltd, Hamburg.

There is an email address shown on the package (info at membran.net), which bounces
anything I send.

The same email address is displayed at their Web site www.membran.net, which does
in fact exist.

So I don't know how to ask the distributor if they have the info I seek.

Anyone got any ideas?

Larry Swain