[Dixielandjazz] Do you believe this s****?

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 21:08:21 PST 2006

Hi listmates,

Much has been made, over the years of the DJML, about the economic factors
impinging on OKOM presentations by many of the musicians who frequent this
forum.

There are those who love to play and will do so for free if the opportunity
presents itself.

On the other hand there are those who maintain that these "amateurs" are
ruining things for the rest of us.

Just to place some of this in perspective, I'm submitting a clip from a
study I just read about concerning income distribution in Australia:

-----> start clip

Money doesn't buy happiness, and now there's a study to prove it. Australian
researchers found that people in well-off Sydney are among the most
miserable in the country, while those in some of the poorest areas are much
more satisfied with their lives.

"Only at very, very high levels does money actually have any impact to act
as a buffer," said Deakin University researcher Liz Eckerman.

"Money doesn't actually buy happiness and that's what was shown very clearly
for the nearly 23,000 people we've interviewed so far," she told ABC radio.

-----> end clip

Does anybody out there actually believe any of this s***!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Perfectly willing to relieve any of you rich people of your miserable
burdens" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com