[Dixielandjazz] Fresno Mardi Gras

Gene & Betty Lynch bettylynch at verizon.net
Mon Feb 13 00:10:03 PST 2006

We agree wholeheartedly with Don.  This was a great traditional festival, with a few nods to later developments.  Attendance was good, but there was room for more.  We stayed for the end. and the wind-down dinner with Bob Schulz's Frisco Band and the St. Louis Stompers, ending with a mega-mess, and it was a blast.

Next year's Mardi Gras festival is the last weekend in January(*$@# hotels), and the band list is spectacular.  All under oned roof, at a good hotel, with alternatives nearby.  Miss this oned at your own peril.

Gene & Betty Lynch
Redondo Beach, CA