[Dixielandjazz] Mike Vax Texas Clinic Tour Itinerary

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Sun Feb 12 11:33:36 PST 2006

Dan Augustine wrote:

> Mike and others--
>     I'll be at the TMEA convention from Wednesday afternoon through
> Thursday about noon, trying out new tubas i might want to buy (have to
> leave for a gig in Austin that night), as i only currently have 12
> tuba-like instruments, and as (as Janis Joplin sang) "I must make
> amends".
>     On Wednesday afternoon Jim Bryan (trumpet-player who owns Alpha
> Music sheet-music/songbook store in Austin) and i will be meeting
> Bobby Black (used to play guitar and banjo with Cullum) at a
> used-vinyl record-store called The Record Collector (8505 Broadway).
> Then we'll meet again that evening to get on the outside of "Bobby
> Black's Approved Chicken Fried Steak" at Jim Cullum's Landing before
> hearing Jim and his band at 8 pm.
>     I'll stop by the Getzen booth and say hidy.  Hope you (and anyone
> within range of this missive) can make it to Cullum's later.
>
>     Dan
>

>> From: Vaxtrpts at aol.com
>> Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:15:41 EST
>> To: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
>> Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Texas Tour Itinerary
>>
>> Just in case any of you live in Texas, I hope to see you at the TMEA
>> convention (Getzen Booth), or one of the other cities I will be in.
>> Mike Vax
>>
>> Itinerary for Mike Vax Texas Clinic Tour - 2006 Sponsored by  The
>> Getzen Company
>>
>> Date Place/Information
>> 2/15-19      San Antonio, TX - TMEA convention - Getzen Booth -
>> Hilton Palacio Hotel
>> 2/20-2/24  San Marcos, TX - Southwest Texas State University -  In
>> residence
>> 2/24         Concerts in schools around Houston with STS Jazz
>> Ensemble - TBA
>> 2/25-2/27  Tyler, TX for American Band Instrument Service -  clinics
>> in schools
>> 2/27         Evening concert with the Tyler Big Band - Hall  TBA
>> 2/28         Nacogdoches, TX - Stephen F. Austin State  University -
>> clinics and concert
>> 3/1          Shreveport, LA for The Band House - Clinics in  local
>> schools - evening
>>                     clinic at the  store.
>> 3/2          Open - working on booking - possibly Queen City,  TX
>> 3/3          Open - working on  booking
>> 3/4          Spring Branch School District (North of Houston) -  AM
>> Clinic/Afternoon
>>                   concert
>> For more information:  _Vaxtrpts at aol.com_ (mailto:Vaxtrpts at aol.com)  or
>> 925-872-1942

Hey -- give Bobby my best regards. Old friend long time no seeum. Last I
heard hewas still with Alamo City JAzz Band. Still there?
If you see Chuck Reilly, also give him a North Michigan hello -- he's
from Bellaire deep inthe wood and water of the north.
Getzen booth brings back memories. I was a Getzen "sporesman" from the
working musician stable from my Chicago Jazz LT\td. Days.
Still have a Severinsen model trumpet f rom those days of a new horn
every year as my stipend. Tom Pletcher ended up with my cornet.
Best to all,
Don Ingle