[Dixielandjazz] Mike Vax Texas Clinic Tour Itinerary

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Feb 12 10:58:57 PST 2006

Mike and others--
     I'll be at the TMEA convention from Wednesday afternoon through
Thursday about noon, trying out new tubas i might want to buy (have
to leave for a gig in Austin that night), as i only currently have 12
tuba-like instruments, and as (as Janis Joplin sang) "I must make
amends".
     On Wednesday afternoon Jim Bryan (trumpet-player who owns Alpha
Music sheet-music/songbook store in Austin) and i will be meeting
Bobby Black (used to play guitar and banjo with Cullum) at a
used-vinyl record-store called The Record Collector (8505 Broadway).
Then we'll meet again that evening to get on the outside of "Bobby
Black's Approved Chicken Fried Steak" at Jim Cullum's Landing before
hearing Jim and his band at 8 pm.
     I'll stop by the Getzen booth and say hidy.  Hope you (and anyone
within range of this missive) can make it to Cullum's later.

     Dan

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**        "Luck is the residue of design."  --  Branch Rickey