[Dixielandjazz] Question: what ever happened...

Henry Mason hcmsjo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 23:57:53 PST 2006

> >> Hi ALL...! (and Happy  Birthday, Don!)
> >>
> >> AND if you want a REAL challenge on Mack the Knife, try doing it like
> > Bobby
> >> Darren did...
> >> Start in Bb and go up chromatically to end in Eb.  That REALLY makes it
> >> interesting AND challenging...

Hi guys

Just home from our big band gig.  Packed house,  and we happened to have a
sub singing for us last night.   This young man happened to sing Darren's
arrangment of Mack the Knife with all those keys, plus 8 Sinatra tunes.
Nailed them all.

The kicker?   This singer is 21 years old!    There is some hope for
civilization in the world yet.  Just thought you guys would like to know.
Amazing!   OKOM content:   When anyone under 25 sings this many standards
it is indeed OUR KIND OF MUSIC!

Henry