[Dixielandjazz] Rolling Stones

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Wed Feb 8 18:56:32 PST 2006

Louis,

Knowing almost nothing about guitar blues playing I cannot argue against
your remarks concerning Keith Richards and Mick Taylor and am quite content
to accept your high opinion of both.

However that was not the point at issue. An opinion was expressed that these
two gents were "better than
most, if not all Dixieland purveyors on the scene today" - note that the
quote does not say "better guitar blues players than most etc. etc." - from
which I inferred that as Dixieland purveyors Richards and Taylor were more
accomplished than most, if not all others currently on the scene, a claim
which is clearly nonsensical.

John Farrell