[Dixielandjazz] Super Bowl Halftime

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Wed Feb 8 00:31:25 PST 2006

Steve Barbone asks:

 > "Robert S. Ringwald" <robert at ringwald.com> wrote about the half time
show.

>> I am sure glad I did not watch it. YUK
>
> If not, then how can you dislike it?

Silly question.  I have heard all of those entertainers before.  I did not
see the half time show, nor did I want to see it.

Steve also wrote:

> Which brings up a broader perspective. Like Mick Jagger has been
> connecting
> with large audiences for 55 years now, without pause. Something very few
> musicians, jazz or otherwise, have ever been able to do.
>
> That kind of performer is someone we can all learn from. The Super Bowl
> audience was enthused about the Stones visual antics, the improvisation
> between guitars, and Jagger's athletic "in your face" presentation.
(snip)

 A monkey can jump around & connect with the audience.  That does not make
him a good musician.

The Stones have been fooling people for years.

No thanks.  I'd rather hear something good.

--Bob Ringwald.