[Dixielandjazz] Super Bowl Halftime

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Tue Feb 7 10:30:37 PST 2006

OKOM  will remain unappreciated by the unwashed masses until such time
as Some of us go out there and play it with the same fire in the belly
and attitude as old man Jagger and his Kindey Stones, beat up old fart
rockers did.   That folks is show business and the real world of music
business for working musicians.   The kid is still doing it at 62 year
old in spite of the fact that most on this list predicted that Rock &
Roll would never last!  just a passing Fad!  nope  sorry guys it was
improvisation taken to new heights and a much broader hungry
marketplace of Hello  Helloo !!   Dancers that All the really Cool
Jazzers ran away as they decided to become artiste' rather than
musicians hired to entertain and make folks happy and dance away their
BLUES.

Damn, Crow never did taste good, no matter what kind of sauce you put
on it.

Rock and Roll was the new  "What's thish here sauce"  and it's still
selling better than A 1 sauce.   :))

Cheers,

Musical content:  "Papa is a Rolling Stone"

Now be honest:  if you had the choice to go on tour as the opening act
with Louis Armstrong today and play in 1-3000 seat performing arts
centers  to a half a house or go on tour and open for the ROLLING
STONES AND PLAY TO 100,000 a day what would you choose?  yeah right!
play with Louis and be Cool,  well I'll bet you Louis would say to hell
with your art, I'm goin' out and open for the Stones and take this
kinda music to all them kids that never heard it.    Why do I say that?
  Sacreligious you say,  nope not at all because that's how Louis did it
the first time folks,  he left New Orleans and took it to the world.

The world will always welcome Lovers "As Time Goes Bye", and those that
really LOVE music will go seeking that welcome. :))

ALL TOGETHER NOW,  This little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine
:)))   Louder !  Louder !  I can't hear you !

Now get out there and play it loud and Proud.   No wimps allowed in the
stadium.  :))

Loud is OK,  especially when you get this old and can't hear anyway.

Can you hear me now? ..................... can you hear me

Nope nobody's home, hasn't been for forty five years or so.  They did
leave the lights on however :))

Cheers,

Tom (who is the same age as old Mick, and I ain't gettin' much
Satisfaction these days either") and I 'm a lot better lookin' too :))