[Dixielandjazz] Butchering the Star Spangled Banner

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Tue Feb 7 10:01:25 PST 2006

So who recorded a swinging version of it  heh???

It's quite obvious that Francis Scott Key couldn't swing :))

Besides being a thief ,  does ASCAP know about this ?hummm:

Somebody should sue him and The US Government and God and The WORLD FOR
BACK ROYALTIES
I think I have written proof that one of my bloody ancestors wrote that
tune whilst playing drinking diddies on beer bottles up and down the
bar.   Apparently not many of our forefathers swung either.

How could anybody listen to that melody and not like "What a Wonderful
World"  ??

That song just sits there and cries out  "Murder Me murder me"   why
doesn't somebody do it once and for all and put it and most folks out
of their musical misery, :))    That is definitely one of those songs
that we are often speaking of on this list that was not a good song
when it was new and it ain't getting any better with TIME either.  Talk
about a marketing snow job :))  or maybe there simply were not other
songs in the competition at the time :))   Sure makes you wonder what
#2 sounded like huh?

Now they should have just waited for RAY CHARLES to be born and record
America the Beautiful for our national anthem, now that is a nice tune
and Everybody loves it except maybe Osama and Saddam.   Did I mention
it's much easier to sing and portrays a much better image of America as
our forefathers probably envisioned it.    No doubt they saw those
amber waves of grain being turned into Beer which is why they invented
Budweiser huh?   You can get as drunk as a sailor and still sing that
song, and most folks can't sing the national anthem stone cold sober,
hummm maybe that's what's wrong too much Bud in the backstage area
before time to sing it on national Television.

No I am not a traitor but I do know when a song sucks and that turkey
sucks worse than any song I ever heard, and yes I have heard a few.
:))   Don't believe me let William Hung sing it on National TV and it
will probably sound correct and perfect for the first time in history.
That song was written for him, he should record it and sell millions
too,  The critics would love it.

It's Time to get over it, and get a new song already,  I nominate "How
can I miss you if you won't Go Away?"   or perhaps that wonderful tune
"When Amurikun eyes are smilin'"   everybody who ever darted the door
of a pub on St. Paddy's Day knows the words to that one and can sing it
on key too,  well at least it sounds on key if your there with 'em.

Just for laughs and guaranteed standing ovations I think I will record
that as a Second Line March.
Anybody wanna come play on it?

Cheers, laddies

Tommy  O'Wigginstien