[Dixielandjazz] Speaking of potentially useful CD sales.

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Sat Feb 4 21:33:22 PST 2006

With all the talk on DJML of CD sales or lack of them etc. I am
wondering if anyone else has spotted the full page ad from Best Buy's
(small logo in the lower left of the page) in at least one of the
national News magazines for "A Benefit Album" called "Our New Orleans"

In much smaller print it says that "Net proceeds will be donated to
Habitat for Humanity to aid those affected by the recent hurricane along
our Gulf Coast."

In VERY small print it gives the following email addresses to find out
more about this album.

http://www.ourneworleans.net

http://www.nonesuch.com

In easy to read print it says "All new recordings by"

Dr John
Buckwheat Zydeco
Allen Tourssaint
Irma Thoms
Dirty Dozen Brass Band
Randy Newman
Wild Magnolias
Preservation hall Jazz Band
Dr. Michael White
and others.

Now who wants to be first to either support this CD or rip it off? :-)
If any of them are your friends, support them and buy this CD.

This is hopefully a public service announcement for Habitat for Humanity.

Lowell aka Mad Dawg