[Dixielandjazz] Rock Band Giving Away Music

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sat Feb 4 21:07:05 PST 2006

Regarding Nancy's post, a rock band that gave CDs to their fans & told them
to share them using digital file sharing programs on the Internet.

If I were trying to sell CDs, I certainly would not give them away.
However, it did get me to thinking.

If I were in a music field with mass appeal such as Rock, it might be an
idea to do exactly what that band did, only have one song on the CD that
they are giving away.

If the fans liked the band & were given one free song, I'll bet they would
be buying the others like crazy.  Sounds like an interesting promotion idea
to me.

Kinda like making samples  available on your web site.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
The Fulton Street Jazz Band
The Boondockers (Jazz and Comedy)
530/642-9551