[Dixielandjazz] Cd sales (live)

Robert Reck reckeuph at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 4 20:19:23 PST 2006

An actual pitch heard in Branson, MO.  (I was on a band trip. It wasn't my choice for a concert...)

  "Folks, as I look through the audience, I percieve that you have cash, credit cards, and <pause> Indian jewelry. (Laughter from crowd)  We, on the other hand, have records and tapes!  (OK, so it was a while back.)  I have an idea <very pregnant pause>.....Let's swap! (More laughter)."

  Directions were then given to the location where autographs and recordings were availble.

  I don't think it hurts to make the sales pitch part of the act.

  Rob Reck
  Tulsa, OK

tcashwigg at aol.com wrote:
  Hi Jim & All:

<Polite snip>I did not actually mean to go table to table thru the audience and hawk
the Cds, sorry if I implied that, but about anything shy of that that
lets them know that they are available does help sales,   <SNIP>

Rob Reck
reckeuph at sbcglobal.net
http://members.sibeliusmusic.com/robreck