[Dixielandjazz] for banjo players

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sat Feb 4 18:30:38 PST 2006

Ted,

One of the best banjo builder & repair persons in the world lives in Shingle
Springs, CA, just outside of Sacramento, about 15 minutes from me.

Her name is Rene Carnes or Karnes, can't remember the spelling.

Banjo players from all over the world ship their instruments to her to
repair or rebuild.  I would not let anyone but her work on my banjo.

I have even seen people fly out here from the east coast, just to hand carry
a banjo to her.

If you want her phone number, let me know & I will get it for you.