[Dixielandjazz] CD costs

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Thu Feb 2 15:30:14 PST 2006

Ed, this has been a gripe that I have had for years although not with
recordings.  Mine is with bands that don't pay taxes.  I have been cut for
years by groups that pay no taxes.  A group can charge $100 a man and I have
to charge $200 to make the same amount. (25% federal, 6% state, 15% SS)  I
deal a lot with corporate people and there isn't an issue there but when you
are booking to private individuals they can do anything they want and do.

I think it's a never ending battle.  The music business is a battle no
matter how you cut it and there will always be those out there unfairly
competing.
Larry
St. Louis