[Dixielandjazz] While my ukulele gently weeps

Edmetzsr at aol.com Edmetzsr at aol.com
Wed Feb 1 13:04:20 PST 2006

Listmates, although it's a little known fact, many of Arthur Godfrey's  radio
uke solos were really played by a guitar player in the studio house  band
named Billy Mure. Billy now lives in Sebastian, FL and is still very  actively
playing in and around the Vero Beach area at age 89. Billy made his  living as a
studio musician and jingle writer in New York starting in the late  40s. He
still plays rhythm guitar just about as well as anyone I've heard, and  is a
lot of fun to work with. He has more stories about the NY jazz and  recording
scene in its hay day than anyone I ever met.
Ed Metz