[Dixielandjazz] Question for the history buffs/ Kress Horns

D and R Hardie darnhard at ozemail.com.au
Sun Dec 31 14:49:54 PST 2006

Hi Kent,
               Jelly Roll Morton called them Kress horns. You'll find an
illustration  and excellent description via google  at
tcjs.org/pdf/Coda_Nov06.pdf . It's a review of a book Charles Suhor
also reviewed on list recently. The waffle man mentioned was probably
Buglin Sam  The Waffle  man who played a bugle on his father's waffle
cart. He recorded with a white band later- Sharkey Bonano or Wingy
Mannone I think - Bill Haesler will know.  BTW I do not concur with the
assessment of Buddy Bolden mentioned in the review.
regards
Dan Hardie
http://tinyurl.com/nqaup