[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Big Band Drummer wanted

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sat Dec 30 21:53:02 PST 2006

Hopefully unlike my esteemed colleague Ringwald I am only posting this
job opportunity once first come first served :))

Tom Wiggins

Subject: Big Band Drummer wanted

     email this posting to a friend

 Big Band Drummer Wanted (Los Gatos,  California)

  email  Reply within seven days  to:
comm-255551509 at craigslist.org

  Date: 2006-12-30, 5:29PM PST

   The Los Gatos-Saratoga Big Band is currently looking for a drummer as
a full-time band member. We rehearse weekly in Los Gatos on Wednesday
evenings from 7:30 to 9:30pm in a school band room. We are sponsored by
the Los Gatos-Saratoga Recreation Association and we play 4-6 gigs per
year. The band has 200+ charts and it's own sound system. We play all
types of music from 40's classics to latin, rock, funk, ballads and
straight ahead jazz. We have a full-time conductor so rehearsals focus
on improvement as well as having fun.

   We are looking for a drummer versed in all the music styles mentioned
above with strong experience in the big band setting.

   If you are qualified and interested please contact me for more
details.