[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 48, Issue 69

Bob Loomis miltloomis at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 30 15:05:58 PST 2006

I'm taking the liberty of forwarding this e-mail
from Jim Cullum of Riverwalk Jazz in case any of
you aren't already involved and would like to be:

    Riverwalk Jazz is in its 18th year on the
air, a feat I’m very proud to have accomplished
with the help of you passionate jazz cats. Help
us continue our online broadcasting next year
with a tax-deductible, year-end donation.
   To house the body of work created during the
life of the project, including some 300 music
documentaries broadcast as part of the Riverwalk
Jazz radio series and more than 2,000 exciting
performances by the band and their guests
captured in live state-of-the-art digital audio,
we formed a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization
in 2005. Our mission is to present, preserve and
promote classic jazz through not only the radio
broadcasts and live music performances, but
through an education curriculum to teach children
to play jazz.
   Jazz critic Nat Hentoff said, “What makes the
Riverwalk Jazz radio series so distinctive is not
only the quality of the music but also of the
documentary programs that become valuable
additions to jazz history.”
   We have set our sights high—to share this
amazing legacy of music with listeners around the
world. To do this, I wrote to you, a member of
our online audience, for the first time recently
to ask for your financial support of Riverwalk
Jazz. We’ve received more than $10,000 towards
the goal of $26,000 to be raised by the end of
the year. Your online year-end gift can help put
us over the top.
   If you like what you are hearing and seeing on
our Web site, please make a year-end,
tax-deductible gift which will play a vital role
in keeping this great music out there for one and
all. Your gift, large and small, will put the
project on a sound footing so that we can share
this great music with an even larger audience in
2007.
   Thank you for being a part of the trad jazz
worldwide family and for the heartfelt messages.
Keep those messages coming and accept my warmest
regards for a very Happy New Year!

Sincerely,
Jim Cullum

   The donation link is: