[Dixielandjazz] It's Trad, Dad

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Fri Dec 29 22:29:06 PST 2006

Strange, indeed. It was odd for me as an American to try to understand
that, unlike here, there was obviously an audience in 1962 in England
that simultaneously dug trad/Dixieland and the lite rock that made up
most of the rest of the movie. Young folks here who were digging
Frankie Avalon, Gary U.S. Bonds, Chubby Checker, and early bubble gum
rock, doo-wop, etc., weren't usually interested in Dixieland at all. I
was grateful to see this unique little period piece, though, and there
was plenty of OKOM. Any hints as to whether the chick with the male
voice was lip-syncing?

Charlie