[Dixielandjazz] It's Trad, Dad

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 29 20:53:45 PST 2006

Dave, Tim, Nancy, and DJML--
     The original (Assunto) Dukes of Dixieland, Kenny Ball, Acker
Bilk, and other groups and singers, made in 1962.  Alert Monte Price
here in Austin phoned me about it, and i immediately thrust off my
drunken stupor (well, some of it) to watch this very entertaining
(but a little strange) film.  It was shown on Turner Classic Movies,
without commercials.  Great shots of some 1960s dixieland bands.  Now
how do i buy a DVD of it? . . .

     Dan

P. S. The original alerter was Nancy Giffin, whose post had the title
"Silly stuff".  Thanks!
By the way, was that really Helen Shapiro singing?  Sounded an awful
lot like a person of another gender and maybe of another ethnic group
. . .