[Dixielandjazz] My worst fears on DJML Digest use. No meaningful subjects.

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Fri Dec 29 17:48:40 PST 2006

My worst fears on DJML Digest use have just been realized.  Several
members are responding to an email about some subject where the subject
was not put in originally. Thus every response contains only the Digest
number and no meaningful subject line, making it necessary for those of
us too lazy to scroll down the digest, no matter how long it is, to have
to scroll to find out what it is!

It would take less time to do that then to complain about it, but I am
sure eventually Bob Ringwald or Dave, as those handling the nuts and
bolds of the list, will eventually say something about that, so I will
try to beat them to it.

To those not on the digest version, you just read the emails as they
come in. For those of us using the digest, we try to see if there are
items of interest before scrolling down.

To see nothing but references to former digests leaves something to be
desired.  Some or many of us (I am never sure about that!) are not
musicians, but are interested in other aspects discussed on the DJML.
Thus if a thread in a digest is on some technical aspect of music, like
key changes for an obscure song, we can quickly delete the digest and go
on to other pursuits.

Personally I have found that many of the unidentified objects are often
of interest, so I dare not pass them up.  Please have mercy. Thank You.

Mad Dawg