[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 48, Issue 63

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 29 12:18:05 PST 2006

Us pesky oldsters ( WW II), me in particular, enjoyed every set you performed in San Diego, especially the final set on clarinet.

  For me it is not nostalgia, but an appreciation of listening to the music. I was weaned on the YBJB in the early 40's and have never looked bck at what was. Only looking forward to hearing swinging good OKOM. Some bands have and others just don't. I don't criticize what bands didn't do it for me, I just watch and listen to those that do.

  Makahiki Hou
  Akemasita Omodeto Gozaimasu
  blwyddyn newydd da
  To all on this list

  Slainte

  Bliadha mhath ur

  Ye olde Mouldy Fygge

  Ed Coltrin
Butch Thompson <butte1 at mac.com> wrote:
  Steve Holtzer writes:

> Not to be too flip about it, but this is increasingly less of problem.
> Like people who actually experienced slavery or fought in WW I, the
> people to whom jazz is a matter of nostalgia are dying.

Hmm. Well, I guess that's one way of looking at it. Those pesky oldsters
will soon be history. I guess you probably don't mean it that way -- I
believe you when you say you don't mean to be flip -- but for me anybody who
shows up to hear me play deserves my gratitude. I don't care why they come,
I just want them to be glad they did.

Butch Thompson