[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 48, Issue 63

Butch Thompson butte1 at mac.com
Fri Dec 29 09:50:20 PST 2006

Steve Holtzer writes:

> Not to be too flip about it, but this is increasingly less of problem.
> Like people who actually experienced slavery or fought in WW I, the
> people to whom jazz is a matter of nostalgia are dying.

Hmm.  Well, I guess that's one way of looking at it.  Those pesky oldsters
will soon be history.  I guess you probably don't mean it that way -- I
believe you when you say you don't mean to be flip -- but for me anybody who
shows up to hear me play deserves my gratitude.  I don't care why they come,
I just want them to be glad they did.

Butch Thompson