[Dixielandjazz] Jazz is not a museum piece . . .

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Dec 28 21:22:31 PST 2006

Very Very sadly Bill and all:

As we Americans got tired of the same old same old and were always
embracing the next new sound we found our record labels "unloading" off
all the original stuff as what Americans no longer wanted or would buy
to European and Asian record companies, so now those of us of my and
future generations can now pay $33.00 a CD for what we once could buy
for .99 in the closeout section of our Great American RECORD SHOPS once
it fell off the Hit Parade. :))    But Hey don't look a gift horse in
the mouth, we are sharing the wealth with foreign record labels  and
making the world a better place right ??   All those royalty checks
rolling in here are keeping all those old musicians fat with retirement
money :))  yeah right !   That's why they always have to have four or
five benefit concerts when they die to buy them a coffin and a place to
be buried.

Seems we only want it back when they are Dead and gone.  :((

And we wonder why the younger generations of America never embraced  or
even discovered this music.  It hit was exported and almost never
brought back,  hummm where were all those Preservation societies when
they had a reason to exist and a mission to fight for.  Oh I know in
the museums looking at ancient Dead Egyptian mummies.

And oh yes there is a wonderful American Blues Museum in Memphis, Tenn,
that is about as classy as the PRESERVATION HALL in New Orleans.  And
then we have the House of Blues Chgain of Clubs and restaurants here
that almost never have any BLUES Music, yep they too are preserving the
Blues by promoting ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC WHILE LEGENDARY 93 YEAR OLD
BLUES MUSICIANS DIE AROUND THE CORNER WAITING FOR A PLACE TO PLAY.

BUT HEY WHO CARES WE GOT Rap and Hip Hop now.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins   How about a Hippity Hoppity Dixie band or some Rappin'
Dixie, that outta get some attention in Amurika. !!