[Dixielandjazz] Jazz is not a museum piece . . .

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Dec 28 13:45:33 PST 2006

> It's hard to fight the perception that we're in the nostalgia racket, isn't
it?<

Dear Butch,
On a visit to Chicago in 1985, I was amazed (Jess described it at the time
"as almost in tears") that, in the biggest record shop in the city, I could
not find one jazz LP earlier than about 1960.
I had almost given up when she said "there are bins over here with your
stuff".
Yep! The 'Nostalgia' section - even then.
The next day Wayne Jones, that great drummer, pointed me in the right
direction.
All the best for 2007.
Kind regards,
Bill.