[Dixielandjazz] If it's this bad now...

David Dustin postmaster at fountainsquareramblers.org
Thu Dec 28 16:59:35 PST 2006

Hello Mike, I wasn¹t around either when God made jazz spring up in New
Orleans so can¹t say who watered the seed most. I agree with you.  I have
had the good fortune to play in pro-am bands and jams with inspiring
musicians of all colors and persuasions (would you believe a Vietnamese
tenor player?) and ³developing² jazz musicians (like me!) also of all colors
and persuasions. It¹s all about the music and how much we love it and want
to make that joyful noise together.  I had a great experience playing around
Houston (I live in New England now, very little diversity here) with mostly
Hispanic and African-American friends and it saddens me to read that stuff
about segregated bands today.

Peace and best wishes for Œ07,
Dave Dustin