[Dixielandjazz] Meet me in St Louis, Lewis (was .Why guitar, not banjo?/T...

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Wed Dec 27 09:52:40 PST 2006

Thanks for clarifying. I suspected that the "flyover" people were the
Brits who had to span oceans to reach us--also a bit patronizing. I
don't remember the term being used when I lived from 1977-1977 in
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois. We were "centrally isolated"--two or three
hours from Chicago, St. Louis, and Indianapolis. It was a culture shock
after News Orleans, but I went often and eagerly to Chicago. And hey,
C-U was a very good place to raise kids and a fine university culture.
The gown brought to the town some great entertainment and (to me) a
sympathetic political environment.

Charlie Suhor