[Dixielandjazz] So who's this Jim Cullum...?

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Dec 25 13:59:19 PST 2006

Ah yes Ginny:

Good to hear it from the Ladies view point finally :))

It's Always been about the Dancers folks, we need to let them connect
to the band and  the music and feel like they belong.

You see not everyone is blessed with the great gift of being able to
play an instrument or even sing ( on key anyway) , but that does not
preclude them from enjoying and liking music.   If it moves them well
enough to make them want to move their bodies and dance you have a fan
for life.

But we have had this discussion on the list before, some understand it
and some don't or won't, probably because most of the OKOIm players are
menfolks and they probably many years ago chose to play an instrument
rather than learn how to dance, except for the drummers of course (
they always knew that way to a woman's heart and kitchen and bedroom
was to Dance with them, or at least try )

Keep the dancers and you keep an audience.

Let the Dance revolution begin:))  Again and we will see the numbers of
attendees climbing again.  :))

Cheers,

Tom "Ole Boogie Til you Puke" Wiggins

After all that's why God invented Alcohol  so we could all Dance :))
( Like nobody's Watching)
Now Let's all go a Waltzing Mathilda around the Christmas Tree again.