[Dixielandjazz] If you play it - they will come

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sat Dec 23 08:00:23 PST 2006

Neat article from Steve that I snipped from.  NKOM, not OKOM  needs to be how
we're thinking and branding.  NKOM = New kind of old  music.  Of course, the
young don't know what DL is and when we  tell a younger booker we play DL, we
likely have not communicated  anything so how can we expect the job?  So
market that your group  brings fresh, energizing, driving, interpretations to
quintessential American  (put in your own adjective if not U.S.) party music.  Then
do that when you  perform.  (Better dumb-down the word quintessential also.
LOL)

I think another important element of why Firecracker Jazz Band  is
succeeding may be that they are mixing younger and older musicians in band  composition.

And meditate on their name, their descriptive adverbs--what's more new/old
than jumping and jiving, being a firecracker.

I also think language shapes reality.  As we think and speak, so we  are.
Ginny

In a message dated 12/23/2006 9:28:32 A.M. Central Standard Time,