[Dixielandjazz] So who's this Jim Cullum...?

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sat Dec 23 00:47:02 PST 2006

Hi Don:

Thanks for your insightful reply and corrections to my assumptions. :))

Just trying to stimulate some of the great minds on this list and get
more of our comrades to take up the GOOD FIGHT, :))

Yes you guys do have a great niche, and are certainly doing your part
as well if not better than many others.

And it is indeed great to hear that your audience is indeed getting
younger, not to mean that the older ones are not important or treasured
friends and fans either, just that it shows evidence that indeed there
is a younger audience too actually be wooed.

And no doubt you guys do reach out and do everything you can find to
market your show and the music.

Many of us play different interpretations and STYLES of OKOM and yes we
are all experiencing Love and Hate from the diverse marketplace of
listeners who are no doubt having the same problems as we do as
players, trying to adjust to the changing times and melting glaciers.

Always a pleasure to hear from you and learn a few more things in our
mutual quest to further the audience and gigs for all our friends.

My best to Jim and all the guys for a Great Holiday Season and even
better  2007.

Let's all do our Part to make an OKOM Guy or Gal the next ROCK STAR :))
 For God's sake let's do it before the Media makes Woody That Star. :))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins