[Dixielandjazz] Willie the weeper

rorel at aol.com rorel at aol.com
Thu Dec 21 14:37:31 PST 2006

 I agree. I wonder why he chose Willie the Weeper? Perhaps the minor key appealed to the dark side of his Heavy Metal personality.

 To be honest, if it were not for the over-modulated, distorted sound of the guitar itself, the fellow actually stayed within the changes and had some interesting ideas (from what I could tell). I wouldn't pay money to go hear him, but the guy does have some musicality to him. Just not the kind I would patronize.

 And if nothing else, it brought me back to John's website which, I am ashamed to say, I have not visited in far too long a time. To John I say thank you, it is better than I remember it -- and I always thought it was finer than frog's hair.

 Ray Osanto