[Dixielandjazz] A Note from Tito Martino

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 20 05:57:45 PST 2006

Tito Martino and I have been in contact. (see below) He sends a big hug from
Brazil.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

(Today's message) Hi Steve

More about my Christmas Concert:
http://www.gringoes.com/articles.asp?ID_Noticia=1613
All this is keeping me a little away from the DJML.
If you please, send them all my big hug (brazilian way to show friendship)

cheers,
Tito

(Yesterday's Message) Tito Martino wrote:
Hi Steve good friend

Thanks a lot for this appointment,  even if it don't work for me I am glad
and happy just for trying.

I will keep you informed.

I wish you and your Family Happy Christmas and a wonderful 2007.

cheers
Tito

(My message to him a few days ago) Steve Barbone wrote:
Hello Tito:

About a month ago I was approached by an agent in Rio de Janeiro about a
concert in Brazil. To be held in either June or November. Below are the
e-mails/details I received. (snipped)

I quoted $15000 + travel expenses after the first email. They then sent the
second and offered $4000  US for the trio. (clarinet/bass/guitar) I told
them the trio would be $7500 and that we would have to do it in June because
the trio was booked every weekend in November 2007. That's where it ended
when they didn't meet the price.

Just got your promo about your December concert and thought  you might want
to check the agent out. Since are right there, perhaps they might hire you.

Cheers,
Steve